Open pores are a small pore that appear on the skin. These are similar to small pits and there are thousands of pores on the skin. These pores are available on the skin for the ease of breath and a small and invisible hair strand is coming out of each pore. The main purpose of these pores is to make it easy for the skin to breath. These pores generate “ebaceous glands” which is an oil. The excessive production of ebaceous oil is called sebum. The number of pores around cheeks, neck and forehead are considerably higher than the pores in the other parts of the body. The reason for this is the availability of ebaceous gland on the soft areas when compared with the other rough areas and that makes the pores in these areas more visible than the pores in the other areas. Hereditary factors or genetics, excess sebum production, lack of collagen production, lack of elasticity, age, black heads, clogged pores, exposure to ultraviolet rays are some of the reasons to have open pores. Having open pores can make your skin look dull and unattractive. Though these pores cannot be completely removed from the skin, we can do some remedies to make the pores invisible.
- Cleaning the face properly
Cleaning face can be known as the best remedy for open pores and this is most primary thing that we can do to avoid open pores. With our busy life style, all the pollutants from the environment, toxins, makeups, excess oil are locked inside the pores and it will make these pores enlarge. Therefore, it is a must to remove all these impurities from these pores. Cleaning face thoroughly is the best remedy for this. Cleansing the face using a good cleanser after steaming the face using hot water vapor will surely remove all the impurities from the pores. Korean are using two methods of cleansing. One is using oil cleanser and the other one is using a cleanser with soap base. Using an oil cleanser will deeply clean all the pores while removing all the oil soluble impurities and then it is advisable to use a good cleanser made with a soap base to remove the remaining impurities. Cleaned pores will surely make the pores invisible. When cleaning the face, it is advisable to choose a product that secure the moisture inside the skin.
- Skin exfoliation
All of us know that skin restores itself by flaking off its dead cells onece in every 28 days. If you didn’t remove all these dead cells properly it will get locked inside the pores with all the other unwanted toxins such as makeup, excess oil, environmental pollutants etc. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends that a person should exfoliate the skin once or twice a week. But if you have an acne prone skin it is not good exfoliate very often and in harsh manner. Natural exfoliators can be made at home and can gain best results. What we can use tea leaves powder, coffee powder, sugar, grounded oat meal as natural exfoliators. A paste can be prepared by adding one of these with bee honey, turmeric and olive oil until it becomes a nice paste and can be used as a scrub. Make sure not to exfoliate harshly. If not, it will cause skin irritations.
- Applying packs
We can use packs to avoid open pores. Some these packs can be stated as,
- Aloe vera has the possibility of unclogging the pores. Not only this aloe vera has skin soothing and hydrating properties. Therefore, in order to take the maximum advantages, we can apply and massage fresh and mashed aloe vera on the affected area. It is good to wash this paste from the face after leaving the paste for about 10 minutes. Soothing and hydrating properties of aloe vera will surely shrink the open pores while hydrating.
- Apple cider vinegar is another good remedy for open pores. Apple cider vinegar can be dissolved with water on 1:1 ratio and it can be placed on the affected area until it air dried. Apple cider vinegar is enriched with anti-inflammatory properties and has the possibility of cleaning the pores properly.
- Egg white mask is another remedy for open pores. Extracted egg whites has to be mixed with few drops of lemon and applying it on the face will tighten up the skin while shrinking the pores. This mixture has to be kept on the face for about 20 minutes and it is recommended to apply the mixture on the face twice a week.
- Applying chopped papaya on the affected areas will shrink the pores because of its properties of unclogging the pores.
- Rubbing the banana peel on the affected area will unclog the pores because of the “Lutein antioxidant” in the banana.
- Applying few warm drops of jojoba oil, argon oil or olive oil on the affected area and massaging. This oil can be kept on the face for about 10 minutes before cleaning up.
- Applying a mixture made of cucumber mixed with few drops of lemon will unclog the pores.
- Applying honey and massaging around the affected area on circular motion and clean it after keeping it for 20 minutes.
- A mixture made of fullers’ earth with water or Gram flour mixture made with water by adding few drops of lemon will tighten the skin by unclogging pores.
Wearing a good sunscreen, moisturizing the skin properly, removing makeup properly and never going to sleep with makeup are some of the other things that can be done to avoid open pores. By doing these open pores can be reduced, but cannot be completely removed.